So, I open up the fridge. I look inside. I see carrots. A large bag of beautiful, organic carrots of many colors. They look like a million bucks but they only cost $2. What do you do when life gives you carrots? You make this ∇
Roasted Carrot Snack
- ½ lb medium size carrots of many colors (you can buy a big bag of mixed, organic carrots for $2)
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp olive oil
- Roasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Golden raisins (optional)
Now follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Peel carrots and slice diagonally (about ¼“ thick and 2-3” long).
- Combine in medium bowl salt, coriander, sumac, cumin and olive oil; zest lemon over spices and add olive oil; whisk all the ingredients together, add carrots and toss to coat; set aside for 20 minutes to marinade.
- On a large, rimmed baking pan spread carrots evenly; roast them in previously preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes (they should shrink and get little browned on the outside, be careful not to burn); let cool.
- Mix with hazelnuts and raisins and serve as a snack in small serving bowl.
Click here to read this in Polish: Czipsy marchewkowe czyli najzdrowszy, najpyszniejszy i najtańszy snack pod słońcem
Pingback: Czipsy marchewkowe czyli najzdrowszy, najpyszniejszy i najtańszy snack pod słońcem | Jem więc Jestem
Pingback: When life gives you carrots you make roasted chips | FlyB - Kulinaria