We think old-fashioned oatmeal is simply out of style. Your quick breakfast oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring and flavorless. Just a few simple and practical ingredients can make your morning oatmeal taste like a million bucks, or like a fancy beach-time cocktail. Here is a pineapple oatmeal recipe that I made up once and named “Piña Colada Oatmeal”. It will take that tropical drink you love so much and add the same exotic goodness to your morning routine. And one more thing. If you don’t have to go to work, go ahead and add some rum to it. Cheers!
Oatmeal Pina Colada
• 3/4 cup of unflavored, unsweetened coconut water
• 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (has a better “al dente” texture than the instant)
• 4 slim slices of fresh, ripe pineapple (use canned one if fresh isn’t available)
• 1/3 cup of coconut milk (or whole milk, natural yogurt)
• toasted, large, slightly sweetened coconut flakes (you can buy them in small packages)
• dark brown, cane sugar (optional)
Now follow these steps:
1. Pour coconut water into a large breakfast bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
2. Chop finely one slice of pineapple and add to the bowl with coconut water, blend with a hand blender, or mix together smashing pineapple with a fork until sweet juice comes out.
3. Add oatmeal, coconut milk (or natural yogurt), and remaining pineapple slices.
4. If you desire more sweetness add brown sugar to your personal taste.
Click here to read this in Polish: Jeżeli lubisz Piña Colada zrób na śniadanie owsiankę z ananasem i kokosem