Have you ever heard about powerful food ingredients that feed your sex drive? Maybe? Maybe not?! Well, no matter what you know about, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Perhaps it is time to take it to the next level. Just think: An intimate, aphrodisiac ingredient loaded, homemade Valentine’s Day dinner for two. Doesn’t it sound like a seductive enhancement to the Valentine’s Day pleasures?
The pleasures can start with shopping together, but they will definitely end in the bedroom. Plus, a V-Day in your home might actually be nice. Not only you are going to save some $$$, but it will give you and your sweetie more alone time and add a little bit more spice (literally) to your life.
Don’t worry, I am here to help you! I handpicked numerous aphrodisiac ingredients and highlighted them in these simple, yet seductive recipes. One entree and one dessert will do it. Enjoy your V-Day and V-Night as well.
Honey Glazed Salmon
Shopping list (for 2):
- 2 skin on salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- A handful of fresh, baby kale or arugula
- ¼ tablespoon of Thai chili flakes (optional for those who love more heat in their food)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of red quinoa (as a side, you can substitute it with something else)
- Ingredients considered aphrodisiac are highlighted pink
Now follow these steps:
- Cook quinoa according instructions on the package.
- Liberally season salmon with salt and pepper; drizzle skinless side with small amount of honey and olive oil (about 1 tablespoon of each).
- Heat a large non-stick pan over high with remaining olive oil; place skin side down in pan and reduce heat to medium-low; do not move fish and allow to cook about 7 minutes (until you get nice brown and crispy sear on it, the fish should be cooked about 3/4 through); flip fillets and cook about 2 more minutes, or until still just barely pink in the center; set aside.
- Deglaze the same pan that cooked the salmon with lime juice, lime zest, remaining honey, soy sauce, chili flakes (if desired); bring it to a simmer and reduce liquid in the pan by half until it turns into syrup consistency; add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Display quinoa on the dinner plate, top with salmon fillet (skin side down), drizzle sauce over fish and garnish with greens (kale or arugula).
Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Click here to read this in Polish: “Walentynkowy, przesycony afrodyzjakami obiad z łososiem”