Let me set the stage here. You have a party to go to. You are supposed to bring a dish. You can go to your tried and true family recipe, whatever that may be, and people will love it like they always do. However, that dish takes an hour or more to make. You have to run to the store and grab the 10 or so ingredients. You need to spend all morning prepping it and you haven’t even jumped in the shower yet. Pshew, I am stressed out just thinking about it. Ok, I am going to give you my secret go-to quick, delicious, and healthy dish. This will take you all of 5 minutes to make – yes I said 5. It will only use 4 ingredients – yes I said 4 (excluding salt and pepper). What is this magic dish? Chimichurri. It will take you longer to say it than for you to make it. Well, that might be an exaggeration, but you get the point.
Chimichurri is an Argentinean sauce traditionally used for meats, which you can do. However, I usually bring it to parties as a dip and offer bread along with it. You will watch your friends devour it. Even the raw veggie hater will be grabbing a carrot or broccoli to scoop up the last of it. It has been a highlight at my parties and it will be yours too. So here it is.
- 1 large bunch of fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil (or more)
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- Wash parsley thoroughly and dry.
- Separate parsley leafs from stems; discard stems.
- Peel the garlic.
- Throw parsley, garlic and olive oil in the food processor and blend until semi solid, semi-smooth consistency.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste (if you want a smoother, more traditional Chimichurri, just add more olive oil).
Voila, you are done. Now go have a good time at your party.